Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Making The Right Choice

As much as people hate to do it, every now and then (or all of the time in my case lately), you must make a decision, stick to it, and hope it was the right one. Case in point - the career. I had already decided to stay with my current job and wait for my manager and HR's magical talent of taking 2 weeks to put together an offer letter for promo - oh but hello curveball Monday. The manager from the other organization who's been seeking me sent me an invite for an interview that is now tomorrow morning, a job that I didn't even apply for. So, of course I accepted the interview. Now it's time to wait more for HR and see what these people think of me after the interview they're forcing down my throat. I have a feeling I'm going to have 2 offers come next week and I'm going to have make a decision. They're both promotions to the same level, so really it comes down to - what does Cesar want to do and what will keep Cesar motivated and moving on up? Make the right choice.

After last week's fiasco and many fiascos in dating, I decided to give up. But oh yet another curveball. A really great guy comes my way in the form of Facebook chat. Silly? Ya. Effective? Oh ya. I haven't connected so well with someone via chat in so long and it's so refreshing how easy conversation was without any questions (kind of like a fantastic job interview). I have a date tomorrow so it'll be time to decide whether to keep going or give up on letting men into my life like I originally planned (well, for the time being of course). This one's a bit of an easier decision as I'm sure I'll be swayed to bite the bullet and give in... I have a good feeling about this one though. I guess I've already made the choice. Gah! Maybe making the right choice isn't that hard after all. Do what makes you happy - because we ALL know deep down what we really want, but just let clouds come in. Time to be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment