Tuesday, November 24, 2009

The Devil Wears JC Penney

Life. Oh you crazy little story. I'm oddly calm right now. After a fall of life-changing moments, it's all somehow settling down. I just can't stop listening to "Paper Aeroplane" by Angus and Julia Stone right now. It's one of the most calm-worthy songs I've heard in a while. My music tastes and what I want to listen to always completely vary by what I'm feeling. Music touches.

Today at work my boss came into town from Ireland (where he works remotely), and boy did Mr. JC Penney six-figure man lay it on strong. I worked my arse off and didn't even have time to eat lunch. Me? Not eat? I was so ravenous by the time the day was over, but when it was over he and I had the most relaxed conversation. It was very much man-to-man. He believes in me and doesn't even know who I am outside of work. I've somehow been able to show that I'm probably the same person in and outside of my company's doors. I don't take no for an answer, I don't let people walk all over me, I'm outspoken and always make sure I'm heard, and I'm damn driven. I know I sound so narcissistic right now, but it's just nice to realize that nothing in life is impossible, even at my age of 33 (ok, 23). Without me asking he said he would not go back to Ireland without having changed my promotion status. The head of HR has approved now he just has to prove me. Someone working to prove my worth? It's just nice, I suppose.

Tomorrow, I'm headed to New Orleans for a smaller Thanksgiving weekend. It'll be nice to be around wonderful people and not think about work, Austin, life. I just want to be free. My 10 day sailing trip over Christmas and New Years will provide this as well. The Holidays are an interesting time when all of the madness turns into white noise. Everything gets quiet and you being to realize and be thankful for what you already have. All I want this season is for everyone around me to be happy, and I'm going to work on the positive side that's in little Cesar to be set free. As far as dating goes, the bassoonist has been a bit of fresh air. I never considered him to be my type, but there's something about having someone around who never makes you feel negative. Feels good. Who knows how long this feeling or even our dating relationship will last, but it's good to have it for what it's worth.

I guess without all of the struggles, events, successes and failures - life wouldn't be so interesting. I sometimes look down on it and don't appreciate. I'm fortunate to be in the place that I am right now. Drama, drama - time to accept and live.

No comments:

Post a Comment